Нашел решение проблемы (причин может быть несколько). Заранее хочу сказать, что практически все ответы по ошибкам можно найти (в случае проблем с сервером) в файле - scm-server-0.log, расположенном по пути:
Ниже приведен текст из оригинального источника:
The Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) 11.x service "SemSrv" stops a few seconds after it has been started. In the event log there is an error: "The Java Virtual Machine has exited with a code of -1, the service is being stopped".
This problem can have several different causes. Most common are problems connecting to the database but examine the full list of possible causes below.
- This issue can happen if the SEPM web server in IIS is set to bind to a specific IP address instead of (All Unassigned) which is the default.
- To correct this go to the Properties dialog of the Default Web Site (or the site configured during the install) in the IIS management console and change the IP address binding back to (All Unassigned).
- If running on a 64bit machine IIS needs to be in 64bit mode(default but can be changed by other programs if IIS is running other sites before the install of the manager.
- If you see this error just after an install or a database reconfiguration or restore then the error might be caused by incomplete database settings.
- Open up the "Management Server Configuration Wizard" from the start menu and walk through the "Reconfigure the management server" wizard to make sure all settings for the database are correct. Once this is completed the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service should start properly again.
- If configured to use a Microsoft SQL server and the database is down or the machine unreachable this can also cause the SEPM service to shut down.
- Verify the connection to the SQL database from the SEPM machine.
- If configured to use the embedded database verify that it is running and reachable.
- Verify that the "Symantec Embedded Database" service is running and that the dbsrv9.exe process is listening on TCP port 2638.
- If there is already an application listening on one of the TCP ports the console is configured to use it can also cause the service to fail.
- Verify that no other process is listening on TCP ports 8443, 9090 or 8005
- See this article for more information: "Which communication ports does the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 11.x use?"
- This issue can occur if folder permissions are not correct on the "Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager" folder.
- Verify that "Users" have at least "Read & Execute", "List File Contents", and "Read" permissions on the "Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager" folder.
If the above solutions do not help, then enable debug logging of the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager to gather more information about the problem.
- Open the file C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\etc\conf.properties for editing.
- Add the line scm.log.loglevel=fine to the bottom of the file.
- Try restarting the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service again.
- After the service has stopped look for hints to the problem in the catalina.out and scm-server-0.log files located in the "Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\logs" folder.